Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Creative writing post #4

I don't really consider myself a great writer, however, I do occasionally like to write. I guess the things I like to write about most now would be sports or plays. I really didn't mind working on the play assignment that we did in class. It allowed me to come up with new ideas and make a plot flow together, and I wasn't restricted to the typical format of Intro, Body, Conclusion that I have to use so often. When I write about sports, it is basically through texting people about baseball or football games on TV. I don't know if that is really writing, but I think it's pretty fun. Most of the things I read about are sports related, too. I read a lot of articles on Yahoo! about baseball, football, and basketball, but that is about it. I am sad to say that outside of school, I don't read or write basically anything other than texting or sports articles.

Short play about things that bug me (whiney people, people that walk slow or stand still in the middle of hallways, homework):

Catie (standing in the middle of a hallway, talking to her friend Liz): Oh my gosh, I can't believe that I have to study for a stupid psychology test.

Liz (agreeing): Yeah. Studying is such a waste of time, how does psychology even affect us?

Catie: I don't know, I personally don't think that we will ever have to use any information from that class in our lives. Who even uses their brain?

Liz: That's soooo true. Do you wanna just drop it and take a study hall? I hear that Mrs. Benson is a really cool teacher.

Catie: Definitely.

People start bunching up around the two girls and become frustrated, especially a boy named Andrew

Andrew: Move it, we don't have all day to get to class! Some of us actually want to learn.

Catie: Sorry, but there's no point in going to school. We already know everything.

Andrew: Whatever.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

hmm...interesting perspective about writing. i would say that texting counts as writing. in a very unique form in fact. i however, have only sent like 10 texts in my life, and really suck at it. i really liked that play too. particuarly that one character--liz. she was pretty phenomenal if i do say so myself. she and catie had the right idea too, psh, who needs studying?! though i must remark..that andrew character sounds super tense and uptight. haha. good story. good moral.

Catie said...

Hey how come i'm the rotten one?? Thats no fair. I know sometimes i'm negative but i'm not mean cause in your play I was mean. Texting about sports to me is considered writing cause I do it all the time. Especially after that packers Giants game when they missed the stupid feild goal I texted a lot but all in all your moral in the play was good texting is writing in a way.

Optimus Prime said...

J-sons, i think your a fine writer, and i liked your play, it got to bring out your humerous side out. And you seem to fit that type to write about sports. And i must say i love the play, especially that really annoying uptight Andrew character.