Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Creative writing post #8

3.

Darth Vader is one fictional character that is recognized by almost everybody. The combination of his mask, his voice, his intimidating stature, and the horrible things he did all make him fascinating. I believe that nobody nowadays could think of another character that brought the same fear to viewers that Vader did when his music started to play. The moment that brought the fascination surrounding Vader over the top was when it was revealed that he was Luke Skywalker's father. This unexpected news topped off the already memorable personality and physical features of Darth Vader and he will always be remembered by movie fanatics.

Another character that will be remembered by viewers for a very long time is Cookie Monster, from Sesame Street. Cookie Monster has a great personality and can be easily satisfied. What more can you want from a character? All it takes to make him happy is a cookie. If everybody could be made happy by having one thing, this world would be such a greater place. The thing that concerns me about everybody getting one thing that they wanted is that people would try too hard and go too far for their desires. This brings me to my next point: Cookie Monster always plays by the rules. He just uses words and never physically fights for what he wants, which is why he is actually an important role model for young kids.

4.

A certain fictional character that I think is very important to society is Jim, from The Office. Jim never seems to worry about anything and always finds a way to have fun during his boring days at work. Although he does make fun of other people in his office, it is because he wants to make others feel at ease. His sense of humor is kind of contagious, and I have found myself joking around and pulling small pranks on people since I started watching the show. Watching episodes of The Office puts me in a better mood than I was in before I watched them, and the person who seems to have the most fun on the show is Jim, which is why I think he has an impact on society.

No comments: